Thursday 18 August 2011

Personal space invasion

Personal space as defined by the Wikipedia dictionary means the physical space immediately surrounding someone, into which any encroachment feels threatening to or uncomfortable to them. Now with this definition my personal space has been invaded quiet a number of times.

In one instance I was standing at a bank, when this lady comes right behind me, as the line moves forward she seemed to be moving even closer to me. I felt so uncomfortable and had myself wondering what the heck is this woman thinking coming so close to me cant she even feel herself so close. I thought my look would deter her but she obviously seemed not to care much.

I don't think people out there understand what personal space is really?? Coming so close to someone you can actually hear them breath, even the bad eyes would not stop this woman from coming close to me.
Next comes this man who was standing right behind me at the bus stage cue. Now these cues go on and on and on and on. The long winding cue becomes endless and remains so for at least two hours before buses start steaming in.

Unfortunately it was a raining evening making it even worse because the buses take even longer because of traffic. This guy stands behind me very close to me you even leave the cue. People need to respect personal space unfortunately that is not the case here there is absolutely no respect for personal space anywhere in Nairobi ama everywhere I have traveled in Kenya.

If its not someone snooping your phone while you are reading a text on the cue, to someone coming so close to you, to someone coming so close to you computer at work, the list is endless. Again comes to attitude which will take like forever change.


  

No comments: