Wednesday 3 February 2010

Helper

I remember when I was growing up, there used to be a game we played called 'kati'. This game involved having two people on either side trying to aim a ball at another person at the center as their target. The one at the center would try as much as possible to miss being hit by the ball. Now these were two opposing teams and each team shared a 'helper'. I used to hate being a helper because in most cases the players would either forget you or disregard you. Most of the time a helper would be someone who is the youngest or deemed to be the most inexperience in the game. That was then, now as I read the Bible (Psalm 30:10, Psalm 118:7, Exodus 18:2,John 14:16) being a helper is being in a very honorary position. As a woman I realize that I was created to be a helper and I am honored to be one Genesis 2:20-22.

No comments: